Tuesday, May 16, 2023

15 May 2023 – Parcent to Benichembla


 Only 11 on today’s walk

Often happens at this time of year, due to visitors and holidays

Martin joined us after a break of some months due to illness

It was nice to have a smaller group for a change

We had ideal walking weather


Despite forecast of rain all week

We have had some heavy rain at night

So I was relieved to find that the river was dry

 In fact dryer than I have ever seen it

Delighted to find this painted butterfly

We last did this walk in October 2019

Since then cancelled many times due to heavy rain (or covid!)

We had our picnic in the play park

To get there we had to pass a new bar in the square

I’m sure the group would have preferred the bar

First time I have seen this font empty

We made really good time on this walk

And finished an hour earlier than last time

So we had more time in the cooperativa

Where we met up with Jan and Annie

Temperature – 18-25c

Time taken – 4 hours

Distance – 14 km

Total Ascent – 245 metres

 

 

    

2 comments:

  1. What happened to your tabletop wargaming since your retirement to Spain ?? or is it on a separate blog ? I myself started & continued my working life in the UK before moving to Spain ( Asturias ) back in March 2013 as my job & career in IT got outsourced & offshored abroad to continental Europe. Fortunately the last 10 years of my working life in mainframe computing was in Spain. So recently retired with both British & Spanish pensions. Thing is I've been pondering whether to move all my Minifigs, Hinchliffe & Greenwood & Ball 25 mm wargame figures ( from the 1970's & 80's ) out of the attic of my parents house in the UK over to Spain, having 'got the itch' to wargame again back in 2020 ( before I retired ) while working from home during the lockdowns & enjoying Matrix Games, Pike & Shot Campaigns on my Laptop. Only thing is many of the tabletop wargamers are into 28 mm & moving into the Italian Renaissance Wars, very colourful & historical swordfencing seems to be taking off as well both here & the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi John

      Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but I have just seen your comment on my Napoleonic Wargaming blog, and replied on there.

      I am sorry to say that I don't remember you. I assume that we knew each other in Salisbury when I ran the Salisbury Old Guard wargames group.

      Perhaps you could drop me an email at paulleniston@hotmail.com ?

      Delete