Wednesday, October 25, 2023

23 October 2023 – Jalon to Parcent


This week should have been a coastal walk to Granadella beach

However the loss of our internet for five days put an end to that plan

We lost all communications from home at lunchtime on Wednesday

This was when I was about to start planning this week’s Monday walk

We were promised by Moviestar that it would be working by Thursday evening

However it was not restored for five days

Meanwhile everyone was concerned by the absence of my weekly walk email

They sent emails to me, which I could not receive and was not aware of

On Saturday Nico we picked up a message from Nico when shopping in Calpe

He offered to distribute a message to all members

Unable to communicate with them I did not want to arrange a complicated walk

So I suggested a local valley walk for anyone who was interested

We did not receive any feedback, so had no idea who wanted to walk

We quite expected that it would be Jan and I, plus two or four

So we were very pleased when 12 turned up, making a respectable walk of 14

I think everyone was a little disappointed not to be doing Granadella

But we had lovely weather, and it was better than sitting at home

When we returned to Jalon Richard invited us all to have a drink at his house

He gave Brenda the good, if surprising, news at the same time

Despite this she made us all very welcome and we had a great end of walk drink

Temperature – 18 to 25c

Time taken – 4.5 hours

Distance – 13 km   

No comments:

Post a Comment